Thursday, January 8, 2009

resolved

I've had a bad attitude about new year's resolutions. Not mine, but the resolutions which have crowded my gym, tied up the exercise machines and left very little room for my yoga mat. The first few months of the year are always a little busier with people trying to get healthy, lose weight and become more active. And this should be a good thing.

So...inspired by this and this, I decided to not only change my attitude, but put a little positive energy out there to help newly resolved gym members. These little notes fit perfect in my ipod case and are easy to slip out and leave for the next person who might hop on the treadmill and need a little extra encouragment.

I'm feeling better already.

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Wish you could leave me a note of encouragement. I need all the help I can in the work-out department.

Love you.

Ken said...

That's pretty crazy. I like it.

I always resolve to work out more in the beginning of the year, but then I see all of the other schmucks just like me doing the same thing and feel kinda cheapened, or like a poseur or something.

But then I think, it is much more schumckish to be out of shape. So I try something where I don't have to see those other folks, like running around my neighborhood or doing sprints up my mountainside driveway.

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

I need a treadmill note that says, "thanks for dragging your butt here...now get moving!" :). Great idea Christy...way to inspire!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I love this idea, Christy. Because, as I'm about to embark on my half marathon training this weekend, I know I could use notes like that from time to time. Wish you were here to train with me... xoxo.

sldrye said...

That is a great idea, I love it. You have a great way of looking at things. :)

Anonymous said...

I've seen this before and I thought of doing it several times myself but never at the gym.
What a nice thing for people to see as they work out!
Great attitude.

Danika said...

What a great way to inspire others..and make yourself feel great too. I find myself always trying to do something small for strangers, in hopes of them passing it on to someone else. I have no doubt, your encouraging notes, will be just what the trainer ordered, for someone!

Merissa said...

Great idea!! I did notice way more people at the gym last night and quickly figured it out!

Jenny said...

Well, aren't you special!

Heather, paperfollies.typepad.com said...

THAT is really sweet and being as how i'll be one of those 'heading back to the gym cause its january and its too darn cold to cycle right now and i'm feeling a little fat and lazy folks', i would soooo LOVE one of those to show up on my treadmill *sigh* alas it won't, but i can hope and hope is always half the fun!

lisa said...

I would be happy all day if I found that on the treadmill.