Monday, January 12, 2009

bumpy start

I'm readjusting to daily living. Having Alex around for three months was nice (minus the lack of income.) Now he's working major overtime. Payback, I guess. I've had a bumpy time finding my way with the girls again. Some days seem very long and I can't figure out how to fill the time. I hate wishing days away. But we are getting back in the swing of things. Just letting you know because it's why I haven't posted much lately.
-------------------------------------------------------
Today Canon saw a picture of the "man with all the arms and legs" (the Vitruvian Man) in one of Alex's art books. She made note that she saw his "peanut." It's obviously been a while since our last anatomy discussion.

7 comments:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Canon's "peanut" observation made me laugh SO hard. I totally understand wishing days away...it's hard to remind ourselves that the days we're living now are the same days we'll pine after when the children are all grown up. Hang in there!

lisa said...

omg! that is hilarious. when my girl was little, she called it that too. she had a little body book for kids that read, "it's like peanuts without the 't'!"

Merissa said...

Where were you at in this picture?

Danika said...

One time...back when I was like 3...I was in bed with parents when my dad got up to get in the shower, I made sure to tell him, as he walked to the bathroom, that I could see his "peanuts". He was really upset, it took me years to understand why, calling them "peanuts" would offend him!!! We all still bring up that story, for a good laugh:)

Anonymous said...

Wishing the days away: how few realize they do?

christy said...

Merissa - it's Imaginon.

Juggling Act said...

We love Imaginon! Great photo of you.