Monday, August 3, 2009

annual emergency

So I've been avoiding telling you guys that Alex drove himself to the emergency room....again. Last time I was all "I told you never to wake me up even if you are bleeding to death" and "don't drip blood on the carpet" and "you better not crash my car while driving yourself to the hospital." This time he left a few messages on my cell phone that were light on words and heavy on the screaming and moaning. When I couldn't get in touch with him, I shrugged and the girls and I headed to the beach as planned.

Turns out that in a brave effort to save a volleyball from crashing to the earth, he broke his fibula.

And I'll be driving him everywhere he needs to go for the next four weeks, which must surely be my penance for forcing him to drive himself to the emergency room (twice).

7 comments:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Hope Alex feels better soon! Wow...he drove himself to the ER...that is way impressive :). Good luck with your new chauffeur job (wink).

Dawn said...

Once again I am amazed by Alex's gracefulness, or lack thereof, in this case. Alex, I hope that you are feeling better soon and that you have a speedy recovery, but I must admit I find myself chuckling a bit at how you've ended up driving yourself to the ED once again. It's almost comical. Christy, I think you will definitely have paid your dues at the end of the next four weeks of driving Alex everywhere. Hope it provides some fun family moments for the four of you packed into the car together day after day.

Justin said...

Given that we're yards away, don't hesitate to call if you need anything

Jen B said...

Thanks for posting the story...we laughed out loud (sorry, Alex). I reread the first ER story to Eric and his comment was, "He posted pictures to his blog before he went?" He doesn't quite get the whole blog thing yet, I guess.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Oh my. I hope he's out of pain and on the road to healing!

Jenny said...

That sucks... for both of you.

Alex! Dude! You gotta be more careful, man.

Anonymous said...

Man im glad i haven't got hurt at your house before. I might be left there to help myself. :)
Ally