Saturday, August 15, 2009

illness

After being diagnosed with strep throat, I realized having a husband with a broken ankle was a HUGE perk. Ahhh....sweet relief.

If it is possible to die from strep throat, then Alex and I nearly did two days ago. In addition to the obvious sore throat, we had fever, chills and full body aches. Occasionally we drifted into consciousness only to moan and shiver and then drift back out again. My poor sick children were left to fend for themselves. Thankfully we all survived. I'm ready to write off last week and start fresh for happy week.

Thank you so much for all the kind and supportive comments you guys left on my last post. I appreciate every one. See you on happy week!

3 comments:

lindsey smith said...

welcome to my world. send some my way!

Dawn said...

Can't believe you both had strep throat! You must have really gone down hill after we talked on Tuesday. So sorry I didn't realize you were so close to death-by-strep-throat. Hope you both are feeling better and back to good health in no time at all.

lisa said...

me thinks the photo of the oxy qualifies for happy week!

hope you're better.