Friday, January 2, 2009

me there

My mom took this picture during our recent trip to the beach. That's me, camera in hand. Truthfully...I don't know the first thing about photography, but I love my camera. And because I love it so, I am non-existent in almost all of our photographic family history.

This picture is proof I was there as the early morning sun sparkled on the water's glassy surface. As the December wind tossed the surf high into the air. As the cold sea rushed onto the shore. As my girls ran wild and free. I was there for all of that.

4 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Just because there isn't photographic proof of your presence doesn't mean you weren't there. Pluheez! And based on the photos I've seen you take, I'd say you know a helluva lot more about photography than you give yourself credit for knowing...

Jen B said...

I know what you mean! I'm very rarely found in any of our pictures, because I have that same love for photography that you have.

Anonymous said...

For someone who says she doesn't know anything about photography, you take the most beautiful pictures. Maybe it is just one of those talents that comes naturally to some people. Anyways, I love your pictures, and Mom is hoping that you will send her some pictures of the girls. Love you.
Rebecca

andrea said...

this is beautiful, friend.