Monday, September 28, 2009

time machine

Campus is a time machine. Cobblestones, tree branches and window panes reminding me of the choices I made then, the blueprint for my life that I was so excited about. Since then I have made so many changes to the plan. Marks from the eraser wearing the paper thin in some places. And so when I am there, I'm a ghost. The cobblestones, tree branches and window panes don't recognize me. And it's bad time to be invisible because I don't really know myself. I know how I got where I am, but I have no idea where I want to go. Feeling lost.

By the way...Avett Brothers tonight on David Letterman.

4 comments:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Beautiful sentiments Christy...thanks for the heads up Avett Brothers...I really like their music!

Dawn said...

Life has a funny way of changing our plans, rerouting our carefully drafted road map. I'm certainly surprised of where I'm at in my life and how much my plans have changed since I was an emotional college undergrad. Those days seem so long ago to me, almost like a different life.

By the way, UNC looks beautiful in your photos!

Jen B said...

I thought of you when I saw this....thought you might be interested in free theater. There were several available in NC.

http://www.freenightoftheater.net/

Jenny said...

It seems almost like a dream, doesn't it?

Love the photo of the notebooks in the window.