Thursday, April 16, 2009

big smile

This is Elly giving what she thinks is a "big smile." Ask her to smile really big and this is what you get every time.
She is going through a phase right now where she likes to tell me things 50 times. Just the same thing over...and over....and over....and over again. Things like "Mommy, I colored a picture." And no matter how I respond or how many times I respond (or don't respond) she keeps repeating it until she feels I have heard it enough. And though I think my girl is adorable, the repetition is maddening. So after about the 15th time she says something, I've started reminding myself that one day in the not so distant future she probably won't want to tell me anything. I'll be sad she never calls and I'll long for the days when she called out my name dozens of times before finally deciding to flash her big smile and run away.

13 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Oh! How that look is so precious. As is your perspective. All it takes is a little perspective to change how you view things. And you've got it!

Lauren Gyorfi said...

i just can't stop laughing at those pictures. Elly is so much fun. see you in a few

Shell said...

Amen to all of that! Cute pictures, to hear Riley rattle on is painful! But I agree the pain of when she gets older and doesn't call will be worse.

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

I love those crinkly-eyed smiles...DiDi does that too...melts my heart :).

Susan Leonard said...

take tons of pictures of your get together and please post them.....
I love these pictures of the girls.

Jen B said...

This reminds me of Evan a little. When I try to take his picture, I usually get a smile, but it's a fake smile with squinted eyes, that are usually looking off the side. Never looking at the camera. I took 250 pictures today at Memorial Gardens and I'm happy I got a few good ones.

Dawn said...

Oh that cute Elly just cracks me up. Her big smile face is hilarious!

Bella still gets into ruts some days and says "mommy" about 800 times in a row. It can make my head pound, but then I have to take a deep breath and remind myself how precious it is to hear those words from her sweet little mouth.

Smitty said...

I seriously can't stop laughing. Too funny!

Merissa said...

Thanks for the reminder to take it all in- even the things that drive me crazy! The pictures are beautiful. I meant to take the boys there and take pictures while we were in Concord but I forgot. I've got so many of me and my cousins from there.

Anonymous said...

ohhhhh how cute:)

Dawn said...

By the way, don't think it slipped by me that Canon was in navy blue. It's the new black, right?!

lisa said...

I just love this so much.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo...cute & funny I love it!!!

LOVE YOU ELLY
nana