Friday, March 20, 2009

run for it

Ten years ago if someone would have told me that my sisters and I would each run a marathon, I honestly would have laughed. None of us are runners. But I ran a marathon. My sister Lauren has finished two. And this weekend it's my baby sister's turn. I'm so proud of her. I usually try not to write much on my family's personal lives, but there is something pretty special about running your first marathon. So...good luck, little Lindsey. I know you will do great.

I'm hoping my knees hold out so the three of us can run one together one day. That would be pretty cool.

**update** Running through an injury, Lindsey broke four hours (which is so freakin' awesome)! If my sisters and I run a marathon together, I imagine they will both be shooting to qualify for the Boston Marathon. I'm so out of my league with those two girls. And so proud.

9 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

You don't need to hear it from me how awesome this is. What an accomplished family you are!

lindsey smith said...

thank you, i love you!

Anonymous said...

GO LINDZ!!!!!! I love you to death!!!

Love,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

what's the big deal? I'd be impressed if you won it, but just running or trotting in one isn't that hard. Lots of old people run these things so don't get stressed out or anything. Just don't do anything embarrassing like pass out or windmill across the finish line.

Dawn said...

Go Lindsey, go!

Dawn said...

Don't forget to post how she did!

lindsey smith said...

thank you for being so concerned with my ankle & my race. i love you!

Dawn said...

Awesome! Way to go Lindsey!

Ken said...

Running a marathon nearly killed me in 2006. I can't imagine breaking four hours. I was hobbled for weeks afterwards.

I think what I am saying is, way to go! Pretty impressive.